Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Your Body is a Wonderland

“Don’t swallow the seeds of the watermelon or it’s going to start to grow in your stomach.”

You know, at one point of my life, I sincerely thought that was true. I made sure I avoided swallowing any watermelon seed, or any seed for that matter. BUT, once, or thrice I slipped. To my surprise nothing ever happened. From that point on, I can say that I consumed a fair share of seeds in my life will no side affects.

Sadly, in Russia this was not the case for 28-year old Artyom Sidorkin. According to Mosnews.com, Sidorkin went to the hospital after complaining about severe pain in his chest area and the coughing up of blood. The doctors found that he had a tumor in his lung and immediately thinking that it was cancerous, they decided that the next step would be to remove it.

Upon the removal of the tissue, doctors found that the tumor was not cancerous at all. In fact, the tumor had a 5 centimeter branch which was later determined to be a little fir. The needles of the plant were poking at his lung, causing him to cough up blood. The doctors also concluded that Sidorkin could not possibly swallow a 5 centimeter plant and that somewhere along the way he had to have either inhaled a small bud or swallowed a fir seed.

CRAZY! I guess there’s a first for everything, poor Sidorkin. But on the bright side, thank goodness it was no watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment